Founded in 1992, ACET is a Christian response to HIV & AIDS. ACET provides:
* Practical care for those infected /affected by HIV
* Education & Training on HIV, AIDS and related issues
Our confidential service of practical and emotional care is provided by trained care workers and volunteers on an unconditional basis. Much time is spent building relationships with each person we work with. We also assist with household needs, hospital visiting, advocacy with authorities, children's outings and family respite weekends.
ACET has reached over 25,000 people with non-directive, person-to-person centred education which seeks to empower people to make healthier choices. We have reached schools, community groups, churches, colleges and NGOs.
ACET's mission is to contribute to a post-HIV Ireland, where:
- the effects of HIV are no longer significant
- clients' lives are no longer defined by their HIV status
- stigma and discrimination toward those with HIV is eliminated