1. 12-year Basic Education Cycle
I will expand the basic education cycle, from a 10-year cycle to a globally-comparable 12 years, for our public school children. At present, those who can afford basic education get into the best universities and the best jobs after graduation.
2. Universal preschooling for all
All public school children will have preschool as their introduction to formal schooling by 2016, and we will make this available to all children regardless of income.
3. Madaris education as a sub-system within the education system
I want a full basic education for all Muslim Filipino children. This is to give proper respect to their culture while providing a sound curriculum in English, Filipino, science, and math. Madaris education, with subjects in Arabic language and Islamic values education, can be integrated in our public school curriculum as additional subjects.
4. Technical vocational education as an alternative stream in senior high school. I will reintroduce technical-vocational education in our public high schools to better link schooling to local industry needs and employment. We need to provide an educational alternative to better prepare the students for the world of work.
5. “Every child a reader” by Grade 1
By the end of the next administration, every child must be a reader by Grade 1.
At the core of our children’s non-learning problems is the inability to read properly. By the end of the next administration (SY 2015-16), every child passing pre-school must be a reader by Grade 1.
6. Science and Math proficiency
I will rebuild the science and math infrastructure in schools so that we can produce more scientists, engineers, technicians, technologists and teachers in our universities so that this country can be more globally competitive in industry and manufacturing. To build a culture for science and math, I will promote science and math clubs and fairs.
7. Assistance to private schools as essential partners in basic education
I will expand government assistance to private education. A strong private school system will strengthen our public schools by providing parents an alternative and not adding to the overcrowding.
8. Medium of instruction rationalized
We should become trilingual nation: Learn English well and connect to the world. Learn Filipino well and connect to our country. Retain your dialect and connect with your heritage.
9. Quality textbooks
I will not tolerate poor textbook quality in our schools. Textbooks will be judged by three criteria: quality, better quality, and more quality. Poor quality textbooks have no place in our schools.
10. Covenant with the local governments to build more schools
I will build more schools in areas where there are no public or private schools in partnership with local governments, as well address our persistent classroom and teacher shortages. We need more schools with smaller populations so that teachers, students and parents can form a real learning community.
KUNG WALANG CORRUPT, WALANG MAHIRAP!
Get more donations for your cause! Check out the ammado Giving Widget, the ammado Giving app on Facebook and more.