Institute for Training and Economic Development (10 Jun 2011 21:33 GMT)
A truly great socially responsible organisation to do business with as a local partner in Kosovo and for commercial linkages on human resources development services. Paddy Hathaway
Institute for Training and Economic Development (10 Jun 2011 09:43 GMT)
INTRODUCTION AND CAPACITY STATEMENT
WHO WE ARE
The Institute for Training and Economic Development (ITED) is a highly committed, extensively networked, socially responsible indiginous Kosovo company, formed; registered and headquartered in Prishtina.
WHAT WE DO
Our business is human capacity development.
HOW WE DO IT
Drawing on the resources of our own staff and our local and international network of experts we design and delivery education and training programmes; provide technical assistance; manage projects and deliver measurable outcomes.
We envisage and are dedicated to advancement of civil society in Kosovo and it local and voluntary sector; enterprise development, particularly micro and small start up’s and established businesses; gender balance and the empowerment of women and investment in youth as the furture wealth of the nation.
Our focus is on education; training; mentoring; coaching; technical assistance; project deisgn and management for the micro finance industry; local socio-economic development and sectoral decvelopment such as farming and enterprise and significant demographic segments such as women and youth.
WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO
Through our work we invest in social justice, expressed in individual; local and sectoral empowerment and the creation of opportunity; equiping people to avail of opportunity and contributing to an inclusive prosperity where nbobody is left behind.
We maintain working relationships with and draw support from a range of local, overseas and international organisations such as ‘ammado’ – www.ammado.com, the global network that connects nonprofits, companies and individuals dedicated to positive change and development and represents a significant bank of readily accessible partners and resources and the National University of Ireland – www.nuigalway.ie
WHERE WE CAME FROM
We have grown out of the former (operational 2004-2011) International Centre for Community and Enterprise Development (ICCED) – www.icced.info, an education, training, technical assistance and project management programme in post war Kosovo.
MAIN AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Capacity Building – We design and deliver a wide range of both pre-packaged and tailored micro finance and enterprise development education and training courses for local leaders, micro finance practitioners and micro, small and medium businesses.
Programme Design and Delivery – We assist in the design and delivery of a range of local and regional programmes for institutional capacity building; business development and local government improvement.
Research and Development – In cooperation with local leadership, we conduct market research; carry out needs assessment and feasibility studies to accurately inform sustainbale economic development interventions.
Micro Finance – We work with Micro Finance Institutes and NGO’s to assist in the strenghtening of their lending operations and business development services, including the development of spcial loan products; identification of training needs; design and delivery of training; facilitation of inter-ethnic dialogue and market access.
Self Employment – We provide ‘start your own business’ skills training and mentoring and assist micro businessses and the self employed in accessing capital and credit services.
Adult Education and Training (Including special training for women and post school youth) – is provided with a particular focus on low income families and communities who have been left out of the mainstream development agenda.
OUR UNIQUE APPROACH
Our development model or overall work context is the application of tailored education, training and as an awakening and empowerment tool for individuals and groups; the provison of enabling technical assistance through expert guidence and esstential access to credit. Our work is scientific in its precision of identification and focus on client needs; client inclusiveness; essential sustainability of all activities and certainty of outcomes.
Local Development – Theoiy and Practice
Marketing and Startegic Marketing
Basic and Advanced Business Appraisal
Advanced Microfinance for Practitioners
Finance Management – Access to Finance
Micro finance Operations Management
Administration and HR Management
Lending Methodologies & Product Development
Introduction to Accounting and Finance
Risk & Delinquency Management
Business Start –Up Trainings
BusinessSsimulation Project Planning and Design
Leadership and Team Building
Post School Preparation for Work
Equality and Diversity in the Workplace
Project Monitoring and Evaluation
LEADERSHIP AND RESOURCES
The Executie Director and Board of Directors leads the ITED permanent staff and network of local and international experts, ensuring that its business model if continuously adjusted for the optimum socio-economic impact of its work and for the sustainability of its work; that the organisation remains client focused and that the interests of partners and clients are at the core of all undertakings.
SAMPLE PREVIOUS IMPACTS OF ITED STAFF AND EXPERTS
• Reintegration of Minorities and Returnees to Kosovo – British Office Project
/ ICCED Project
• Micro Finance Training – 2,000 MFI staff in 75 Specialist Courses since
2006 – ICCED Project
• Software development and installation for a major Kosovo MFI – ICCED
• Technical Assistance for Market Research for MFI’s
• Inter-State Municipality Cooperation and Training for Local Development
– CARE International; Netherlands Foreign Ministry and ICCED Kosovo
• Management and delivery participation in Kosovo with the National
University of Ireland with assistance from Irish Aid of: Accredited
Foundation Diploma in Equality and Diversity; accredited Foundation Diploma
in Education and Training and the accredited Diploma in Local Development
Practice (with Micro Finance)
• Development of a Foundation Module in Micro Finance for the
National University of Ireland
• Provision of assistance to the European Union sponsored project
to develop a Masters Programme in Sociology (Family Studies) at the
University of Prishtina, with the University of Graz, Austria and the National
University of Ireland
• Skills Training and Social Cohesion project work for CARE International
and ICCED with Roma, Ashkali and Egyptians in Kosovo
• Local NGO Training with CARE International and ICCED Kosovo
• IT Services for the Association of Micro Finance Institutes in Kosovo
– ICCED Kosovo
• Micro Finance Practitioner Training for the Association of Micro Finance
Institutes in Kosovo
• Minority Empowerment for Self Sufficiency – with AMIK
and ICCED Kosovo
• Anti Human Trafficking Programme – with IOM and ICCED Kosovo
• Livlihood and Community Development Initiative with UNHCR;
Mercy Corp and ICCED Kosovo
• Business Appraisal Training – IOM and ICCED Kosovo
• Training of Job Seekers for Entrepreneurship – Luxembourg
Agency for Development; AFAS; Ministry for Labour and Social Welfare
and ICCED Kosovo
• Management Skills Training for the International Centre for
Community and Enterprise Development
• Development of Web Tools for Youth Centres and Resources HUBS
in Prishtina and Mitrovica – ICCED; Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports
and the World Bank
• Youth Training Services for Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports
and ICCED Kosovo
• Staff Capacity Training – MFC Warsaw (in Kosovo);
Beselidhja / Zavat Mircofinance Institute, Kosovo and Raiffeisen Bank,
Prishtina, Kosovo with ICCED Kosovo
From Kosovo (Export Services)
• Business Planning- SOMED and ICCED Kosovo
– Uganda and NW Tanzania
• Strategic Directions Workshops – HOMA and ICCED
Kosovo – Uganda
• Evaluation of Livlihood Services Delivery – Caritas and ICCED
– Banda Aceh, Indonesia
• Mirco Finance Feasibility – RBBA and ICCED Kosovo – Romania
• Financial Services Access for the Poor – Testing National Policy
Hypothesis and Designing Reform Solutions – Phillipines – GTZ; Bill
and Melinda Gates Foundation and ICCED Kosovo
• MFI Capacity Development – World Vision and ICCED Kosovo – Albania