Welcome to the Ammado Nonprofit Recognition Policy. To be eligible to be an "Ammado Nonprofit", an entity/organization must meet all of the following criteria:
A.FORM of an "Ammado Nonprofit"
An entity/nonprofit must be:
- A registered nonprofit or registered not-for-profit organization by whatever means is required in its local jurisdiction; and must satisfy the criteria set out below. OR
- An entity/organization which is not a registered nonprofit or registered not-for-profit organization in its local jurisdiction; but nevertheless satisfies the criteria set out below.
B.CHARACTERISTICS of an "Ammado Nonprofit"
An entity/nonprofit must be:
- Organized into an identifiable group: i.e. have some form of internal organizational structure, and have relative consistency of goals, structures and activities and meaningful organizational boundaries including identifiable members.
- Nonprofit Distributing; i.e. not returning or distributing profits generated by the entity/organization to the owners or directors.
- For the Public Benefit; i.e. the entity/organization must benefit the community as a whole or an appreciable section of the community.
- Committed to Non-Violence, and must not be associated with any individuals or groups who advocate, promote or engage in the use of violence.
- Truthful in its internal and external communications.
C.PURPOSE of an "Ammado Nonprofit"
An entity/organization must have as its sole purpose the advancement of some local, national or international matter of "Public Good". This can include:
- The Relief of Poverty
- The Advancement of Education
- The Advancement of Religion
- The Advancement /Promotion of Health, including the prevention or relief of sickness, disease or human suffering
- The Relief of Hunger
- The Advancement of Community Welfare, including the relief of those in need by reason of age, youth, ill health or disability
- The Prevention /Relief of Suffering/Conservation of Animals
- The Advancement of Medicine/Provision of Medical Services
- The Promotion of Local or Amateur Sport
- The Advancement of the Arts, Culture, Heritage, Sciences or Humanities
- The Protection /Conservation of the Natural Environment
- The Promotion /Protection of Civil and Human Rights, including the integration of those who are disadvantaged, and the promotion of their full participation, in society
- The Advancement of Community Development, including rural or urban regeneration
- The Advancement of Conflict Resolution or Reconciliation
- The Promotion of Religious or Racial Harmony and Harmonious Community Relations
Please note that this list of what is regarded by ammado as a purpose for the "Public Good" is non-exhaustive and is subject to update and/or change by ammado.
D.DETERMINATION OF ELIGIBILITY to be an "Ammado Nonprofit"
Notwithstanding any of the foregoing and as stated in Terms & Conditions, ammado reserves the right to determine, at any time and at its absolute discretion, whether or not any given entity/organization is eligible to be an "Ammado Nonprofit" or to continue to be an "Ammado Nonprofit".
- An entity/organization becomes a Nonprofit Member by registering with ammado on www.ammado.com (the "website"), creating a profile, and by complying with and agreeing to the Terms & Conditions (which includes being in continuing compliance with the criteria set out in the Ammado Nonprofit Recognition Policy).
- In order to be eligible for ammado membership, an entity/organization must at all times satisfy the criteria set out in the Ammado Nonprofit Recognition Policy.
- The Ammado Nonprofit Recognition Policy sets out the criteria that must be satisfied (on a continuing basis) for an organization to qualify as an "Ammado Nonprofit" for the purpose of using and benefiting from the website.
- The Ammado Nonprofit Recognition Policy may be changed by ammado at any time. It is the responsibility of each Nonprofit Member to check the Ammado Nonprofit Recognition Policy from time to time to ensure that it complies with the necessary criteria set out in it.
- Each Nonprofit Member using the website represents and warrants to ammado that it complies with the Ammado Nonprofit Recognition Policy as updated from time to time. If a Nonprofit Member discovers that it does not comply with the criteria set out in the Ammado Nonprofit Recognition Policy or that it ceases to satisfy the criteria set out in the Ammado Nonprofit Recognition Policy following a change to the Ammado Nonprofit Recognition Policy, then the Nonprofit Member is under an obligation to notify ammado and the said Nonprofit Member shall not be entitled to receive any benefits from ammado and this Agreement shall terminate.
- ammado reserves the right to terminate this agreement with any Nonprofit Member notwithstanding that the Nonprofit Member satisfies the criteria set out in the Ammado Nonprofit Recognition Policy.
- Whether an entity/organization is eligible for membership will be determined by ammado at its sole discretion using the criteria set out in the Ammado Nonprofit Recognition Policy.
- An entity/organization which is not eligible or which does not maintain its eligibility for membership must not register to become a Nonprofit Member or use the website or any other aspect of the Ammado Services in any way.
- ammado may, at its sole discretion, with or without a Membership Audit, decide that a Nonprofit is not, or is no longer, suitable or eligible for membership, remove its profile from the website, and terminate the Nonprofit's membership privileges.
- ammado is not obliged to provide any aspect of the website or the Ammado Services to any Nonprofit Member, and does not accept any liability for the accuracy or reliability of the website or the service.
- ammado may, at its sole discretion and without liability of any kind, remove a Nonprofit Member's profile from the website and terminate the Nonprofit's membership and membership privileges. In that event, the Nonprofit Member will immediately cease to be eligible to receive any benefit from any aspect of the Ammado Services.
E.INDEPENDENT AUDIT of an "Ammado Nonprofit"
ammado reserves the right, at any time prior to an organization/entity being accepted as an "Ammado Nonprofit" or at any time after such acceptance, to require that it undergo an Independent Audit (a "Membership Audit") at the expense of the organization/entity and otherwise on terms and by an organization to be determined solely by ammado. The Membership Audit shall be carried out to determine whether the Nonprofit Member satisfies or continues to satisfy the criteria set out in the Ammado Nonprofit Recognition Policy. Failure to comply with a request to undergo a Membership Audit, to meet the cost of the Membership Audit or failure to qualify under the terms of a Membership Audit, may result in termination/denial of ammado membership with a consequent loss/denial of any benefit from any aspect of the Ammado Services.